Mar 7, 2013

my first blog award :)




The way it came…

One fine February after noon, when I was at college library to check an application registry status, I can’t just prevent me from looking in to my blog, even though I was in a hurry actually. To my surprise it was then I noted a comment from Reshma in one of my posts nominating me for the popular Leibster Award. I was so much excited. I am really thankful to Reshma for picking me in her 10 picks. I have never known about this until Feb 13 when Reshma selected me for the same. I have been in to blogging for almost 2 yrs and this being my first appreciation award I received with great pleasure. 
 
It is said that Leibster blog award is started in Germany and is used to highlight budding blogs or rather another way to acknowledge that they have done a good job. This is awarded to upcoming bloggers by fellow bloggers. It’s for blogs with 200 or less followers and so is a way to spread a word about budding blogs and get them more readers.


Rules: 
  1. When you receive the award you must post 11 random facts about yourself. 
  2. Then you should answer 11 questions that the nominator has set for you. 
  3. Now it’s your turn to pass the award to 11 other deserving bloggers, linking them in your post and   ask them 11 questions.      
  4. You are not allowed to nominate back the blog(s) who nominated you. 
  5. Visit their page and inform them about their nomination too. 
It’s about me..

·         Technically, I am a medical student or rather mentally in lost planet!
·         I love art and creativity, so the making of paintings.
·         I have a special like in making daily clicks.
·         I am afraid of big black spiders. If you find a furious black legged arthropod in my premise means you can search me under cot or pillows!
·         I love to enjoy every piece of beauty  and so I like travelling alone with headset playing in my ears (not so much kilometers, just 1 or 2 usually!!:D when I say this people ask like “you do travel alone??”)
·         I am a day dreamer and at times very fussy and worrier.
·         I am a bad perfectionist that 100% only satisfies me.
·         I am a diehard AR Rahman fan and also like listening to violin playing.
·         I am specially trained for multitasking that I will be talking to someone, listening, eating watching TV, thinking, playing with legs all at the same moment.
·         I like making ultra combinations with food and enjoy having them. One of the best combination I  like is curd and pomegranate.lol
·         I am very much fond of dance, dancers, dance shows and anything and everything related to it, but the funny part is I don’t know dancing!
 
I have my answers here: 


1.Given a choice between a world without feelings and a world without words which one would you choose and why?                                                                                                                        
          I will prefer world without words because world without feelings means no life, no word and nothing. Otherwise it will become an absurd or rather it should be an alien life. That’s what a deaf and dump proves living a life too, they have no words but feelings are there which make point to their existence

2.What's the one thing about you that you think irritates others the most?                                                         At times I will be fussy and worrier which I think, might be irritating others a bit.

3.Describe what writing means to you in 3words.                                                                         
            Pleasure, satisfaction, life

4.If you were to be marooned on an island and could wish for only one thing (except return to the mainland), what would that be and why?                                                                                                             If I could make only one wish, then it might be to spend my time with the dearest one so that nothing will matter me in the island.

5.The one blogger you wished you could write like would be...                                              
           Anukriti Sharma. She is a fantastic writer and I always admired about her passion in writing

6.If you could choose to be born as a celebrity, who would you be?                                                  
           Mother Theresa

7.If you could possess a superpower, what would you like it to be?                                                                If I am acquiring a super power means it should be to travel quicker than the speed of light.I have heard that if anyone can travel beyond the speed of light ,then they won’t get aged.                                               
8.Who or what influenced you the most to write?                                                                               
         When all that comes about writing, it’s my grandpa who inspired me. He used to read literature magazines of that time and post my poems to their mailbox. He was the one who appreciated me for the writing work for the first time and then I was too young!

9.Science or God?
           As if for now I strongly believe in God, until science could conquer the time.

10.What is/are your Favorite book/books (limit to 3) and why?                                                                           Oru deshathinte katha, God of small things. Both of these book contain immense innocence and so i loved them.

11.If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?                                                                                I wish to change the trait of sea water from saline to fresh water and let all the inhabitants there are freshwater organisms too. Out of all the water in the mother earth, 97% is saline and only 2.5-2.75% is fresh water. Most of the world's fresh water is frozen in ice sheets too. So, if I can change the salinity of all oceans into fresh water, there will be no drought and no scarcity right..:)


PS: I really appreciate Reshma for her amazing questions which made me think about them. Good work.


Here are my questions for you:

1.       Vision, hearing, speech – which one you think is better?
2.       What do you think is the most delightful thing in the world?
3.       Define your blog in three words.
4.       What were you thinking to do in next two minutes?
5.       Which one is the craziest moment in your life?
6.       If God appears before and ask you to make 3 wishes, then what will be those 3 wishes you will make?
7.       Suppose you have a special tree in your garden which blossoms currency notes. What will you do with all the money?
8.       With whom you wished to have spent some more time and why?
9.       What do you think about life after death and why?
10.   If you are about to receive the capital punishment, and you are asked to express one wish, what will it be?
11.    If you find a rifle left by someone else, what will you do with it and why?
 
And finally I tag :
Nominating 5 blogs is not easy for me. I found it as the toughest part of the procedure to pick out just 11 among the bloggers.. After much confusion, I came up with the list.
These are all some of the excellent bloggers and I am sure that they will come up with some interesting posts.. .
  1.  nivruti tagotra
  2. mysterious-diva
  3. Prasanth
  4. Tanya Sehgal
  5. Fahima Ayub
  6. Anjali N Kumar
  7. Lily
  8. Suneetha Dasari
  9. Smrithi Padmakumar
  10. Tanvi
  11. Haritha
 Best wishes and happy blogging...
 Blogfully,

post signature 


14 comments:

  1. Hey Shruthy, Congratulations for the award and thank you so much for passing it to me. I am so elated to receive this award. You just made my day. ^_^ THANKS again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy that i made you happy...and the award means i admire your writing..:)keep going..

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Congratulations Sruthi on your first blog award! :) Luckily, I stumbled into your blog, only to discover your kind nomination and your fascinating prose! Thank you so much!!!

    P.S.: I enjoyed reading those facts about you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Fahima..and am awaiting to read facts about you too..:)

      Delete
  3. thnx a ton sruthi :) am really glad...nd yaa congrtzz for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its my pleasure anjali,and its just to appreciate your blogging skills.i luv your way of writing..:)keep blogging

      Delete
  4. thank you so much for nominating me for the award :)
    and i loved your answers and the random facts about you.
    two things interesting about you
    1. its amazing that you find time for blogging even as a medical student with tight schedules!!:)
    2. you are born on september 11! wow .

    i am sorry if i sounded too crazy;)

    thanks a lot once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sruthy,
    thankyou so much for nominating me for the award. :) i loved your random facts and of course your answers.
    two interesting things that i noticed about you
    1. its amazing that you find time for blogging even as a medical student with tight schedules :)
    2. you share your birthdate with the twin tower incident date. wow!!

    if i sound too crazy, i am sorry :) that was just randomly typed:)
    and i am not sure if i would be able to abide by the rules of the award..... really sorry.....
    thanks a lot once again :)
    waiting for your next post.
    love,
    haritha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Haritha,
      Thank you for finding some time to make these facts...i really liked your comment and that about my birth date too..lol.The award is meant to appreciate your blogging skills,you have got an amazing blog.keep blogging...and am waiting for your findings here..
      blogfully
      sruthi:)

      Delete
  6. Firstly congrats on getting your first blog award, cheers to that..:) Hope you win many more awards. Thanks a lot for nominating me, it feels great..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and its all my pleasure.Would like to read your responses too...:)

      Delete
  7. Hey sruthi,
    I am here to inform you that
    I have nominated you for the Creative Blogger award. Congrats

    http://thingsleftunsaidbysuni.blogspot.in/
    - Suneetha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx a lot for the nomination suneetha..n by the way congrats for you too...i have checked your post and its interesting..will come up with the post...:) once again thanking you:)
      blogfully
      sruthi

      Delete
  8. Nicely composed post Sruthi. Its really amazing how you manage to find time for so many varied interests as a medical student, lol about your craze for dance and you saying you cant dance, in my opinion everyone can dance, its just that some of us are more conscious about it...
    You have come up with an interesting mix of questions too :)
    Looking forward to more posts from you girl, Happy writing/blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I will be visiting your blog sooner :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...